Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My lucky day!

After spending an exhausting and frustrating three hours working on a grant proposal with my teaching partner, I finally headed home, dragging a shitload of grading and planning stuff. And students complain about the amount of work we give them. If only they realized the amount of work it takes to plan and prepare, only to get (for the most part) a bunch of thrown-together, minimal-effort crap. Grrrrr...

Anyway, I shuffled inside like the hunchback of Notre Dame, lugging several bags and a pile of books. As I wrestled with the front door, my oh-so-incredibly-thoughtful husband pulled up bearing bags of his own--containing FOOD. Ah, bliss, no more decisions to make or drama to deal with.

Then, as I simultaneously inhaled my dinner and checked my email, I ran across an email from Highbridge Audio. I entered a drawing for a free audio copy of Ellen Hopkins' latest book, Identical, a few days ago and actually WON.

Who doesn't love it when things are free and easy?

No comments: